We live in a society characterized by diversity. Many different life models and living conditions can be found in Germany. Globalization, demographic changes, changing values, flexibilization of work, migration movements, technical developments and changing ideas about roles are all factors that make society more and more diverse.
Part of this diversity is the over 60,000 people with a migration background who live in the Wetterau district. The integration of these people is important for our society. But it is just as important to answer the question: how can we modernize our structures so that we can successfully deal with our diverse society in a modern way?
The Wetterau district is tackling this challenge and in July 2009 it established the position of an integration officer. His tasks include:
- Planning, development, implementation and evaluation of diversity management, integration management, intercultural openness and development of a culture of welcome and recognition in the Wetterau district
- Advising decision-makers
- Cooperation with federal and state ministries and integration offices of other districts and federal states
- Development of a diversity concept for the Wetteraukreis
- Implementation of the objectives of the "Charter of Diversity" in the district administration
- Participation in committees and working groups
- Management of the “Diversity Advisory Board”
- Coordination of intercultural weeks in the Wetteraukreis