In Germany without partens

Sometimes children or young people arrive in Germany without their parents.

You will need help then with many questions:

  • Who decides for me the things that my parents decided otherwise?
  • Where can I live?
  • Who takes care of me?
  • Where can I go to school and learn German?

For this purpose, there is the specialist department for General Social Services West in the Wetterau district. /  Fachstelle Allgemeiner Sozialer Dienst-West. We...

... clarify the residence status

... apply to the family court for a guardian for minors

... think together with the children and young people where they can live in the future

... where they can go to school

... how they can be insured.

.. and everything else that is important. The specialist office also takes care of a guardian who represents the parents in their absence. The guardian helps with the asylum application and - if possible - with family reunification. Health insurance is also applied for by the specialist service. If necessary, we provide help in the form of accommodation in residential groups or with relatives, depending on what the children and young people or their relatives want. If you have any questions, please contact us by email E-Mail  or phone +49 6031 83 3232.