Recognition of qualifications from other countries

  • Mobile recognition consultation in Hesse - MoAB

In the Wetteraukreis, the mobile recognition consultation service is offered by the “Institut für berufliche Bildung, Arbeitsmarkt- und Sozialpolitik – INBAS” (Institute for Vocational Training, Labor Market and Social Policy) at the Friedberg Employment Agency (Agentur für Arbeit). It offers advice for people with professional qualifications acquired abroad - regardless of their residence status. Please call or write an e-mail to make an appointment.

Contact: Reinhard Ewald
Phone: 0151 65497415
E-mail: reinhard.ewald(at)

  • Berami - Berufliche Integration e.V.

The recognition procedure for foreign educational and vocational qualifications or diplomas is quite complicated in Germany. There are many offices for recognition of international qualifications and a lot of different legal rules. The Öffnet externen Link in neuem Fensterberami e.V. association from Frankfurt offers initial telephone advice on the recognition of school and vocational qualifications acquired abroad. Here you can find out which recognition office is responsible and which documents you need.

The association also publishes the "Guide to the recognition of foreign vocational and educational qualifications" (“Leitfaden zur Anerkennung von ausländischen Berufs- und Bildungsabschlüssen”).

  • Federal Government - Recognition in Germany

The information website of the German Federal Government on the recognition of qualifications. Here you can find the Öffnet externen Link in neuem Fensteronline guide to the recognition of degrees in Germany by the Federal Ministry of Education.

  • German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)

The Öffnet externen Link in neuem FensterDAAD admissions database explains which foreign certificates can be used to gain access to higher education in Germany.