- At the end of 2019, the proportion of people without German citizenship in the total population was 13.3%.
- In the period 2011-2019, the proportion of people without German citizenship in the total population increased by 5.3 percentage points (absolute 2011: 23,413 and 2019: 41,030).
- Persons without German citizenship of working age (15 to under 65 years) accounted for 15.9% of the total working population.
- The proportion of young people between the ages of 15 and 25 who were not German nationals was 16.2% of the age cohort.
* The population figures relate to the reporting date of December 31st. of the respective calendar year. Deviations are shown separately. Source: Hessian Statistical Office.